FIRE HYDRANT SYSTEM (EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL) (AUTOMATIC WATER CUM FOAM BASE)EXTERNAL FIRE HYDRANT
- Fire hydrant installation consists of a system of pip work connected directly to the water supply main to provide water to each and every hydrant outlet and is intended to provide water for the firemen to fight a fire. The water is discharged into the fire engine form which it is then pumped and sprayed over fire. Where the water supply is not reliable or inadequate, hydrant pumps should be provided to pressurize the fire mains.
- The pipe network is always under water pressure. When operated for fire extinguishing it will immediate feed water supply & main hydrant pump will be started automatically.
- To meet with minor leakages jockey pump is installed which maintains the pipe net work under pressure. On drop of pre-set water pressure due to leakages or any other reason, jockey will operate automatically & stop at preset pressure.
- On actual fire operation jockey pump being of small capacity cannot maintain the pressure hence main pump will be operated automatically & supply the rated water quantity to the system.
- The system being automatic immediate water supply will be available from all hydrant post.
- A typical hydrant installation fed directly from JBA water main and pressurized by fire pumps is shown as below.