Respirex PRPS Suit
The Powered Respirator Protective Suit (PRPS) is a one piece gas tight chemical protective suit used by emergency response personnel after a CBRN incident. It has an inbuilt powered air respirator like 3m Jupiter air filter unit with Twin JRF‐85 gas & particle filters to provide protection against chemical and biological warfare agents.It has a dual glove system [Silver Shield + Neoprene] and permanently attached Hazmax Boots.
- Manufactured from DuPont™ Tychem® TK, a high performance, lightweight, multi-layer chemical barrier material
- Respiratory system comprising a battery powered 3M Jupiter air filter unit fitted with a visual display unit mounted inside the suit at the base of the visor, and audible alarm
- Battery pack provides 1 hour operational use, plus 15 minutes for decontamination
- Twin JRF-85 gas & particle filters to provide protection against chemical and biological warfare agents
- Semi-rigid laminated visor
- Heavy duty gas tight zip fitted across the chest enclosed by double external storm flaps with VELCRO® brand hook and loop fastener
- Dual glove system comprising Neoprene outer gloves bonded to inner Silver Shield laminate gloves
- Gas tight locking cuff mechanism
- Highly chemically resistant Hazmax™ safety boots permanently attached to suit
- Supplied with lightweight disposable Hazbag to quarantine the suit after use
- Available in a range of sizes.
- Powered respirator and loose-fitting hood provide cooling air over the head and through the suit, making the wearer more comfortable and better able to focus on tasks.
- The loose-fitting hood design provides high protection without the need for a tight-fitting face piece, which means:
- Many wearers feel less constricted
- Can be used by wearers with facial hair
- Training needs are reduced
- Face-fit testing is not required
- The clear wide-view visor provides reassurance to casualties and victims by allowing easier, friendly ‘whole-face’ communication.
- The total weight of the PRPS suit with respirator is much less than a gas-tight suit with SCBA, less body contact (belt-mount versus shoulder-harness / tight-fitting face piece), and easier breathing results in a lower physiological load.
- Improved operational duration over gas-tight SCBA suits.
- Up to six times the resource efficiency compared with gas-tight SCBA suits thanks to the lower physiological loading and increased duration.
- Uncontaminated or ‘decontamination-guaranteed’ suits can be re-used following gas-tight re-test and re-certification.
OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES
- Reusable PVC training suit - PRPS(T)
- Primary (single-use) lithium battery for Immediate operational use, and rechargeable battery for training use
- Optional rehydration system and hard-hat
- Choice of lightweight dexterity gloves for medical tasks or heavy-duty gloves for increased physical protection
|SIZE||S, M, L|
|ITEMS IN A STANDARD PACKAGE||1 Item|
|INDICATIVE DELIVERY DAYS||75 Days|